1. FC Cologne: Salih Özcan wants to play for Turkish national team

The Cologne defender Salih Özcan has opted for the Turkish national team. He announced that on Friday afternoon on Instagram known. He will be in the squad against Italy next Tuesday.

decision and Goal had already reported on the official proclamation.

"My personal development has now brought me a point where it is a decision to make a decision," writes Özan. He has been "intensively dealing with this question" and "in the end a decision from conviction: I would like to play for Turkey!"

The DFB had also recruited the 24-year-old six, which regularly shows very strong achievements during the Effzeh this season and at the 1-1 against Borussia Dortmund had even put Jew Bellingham in the shadows last weekend. "He is absolutely in the field of view," National Trainer Hansi Flick declared.

Özcan himself, who was born in Cologne and since the U15 had undergone all German junior teams, originally decided only at the end of the season: "We really talked about it - but I have agreed that I played the season well and my Want to retrieve performance in the club. Then you see what is in the future, "he told about an exchange with flick.

Özcan: Kuntz has "meaning meaning for the Turkish national team"

Here's Why Rangers FC Want To Sign Salih Özcan 2021 HD On Friday, he thanked himself in his statement on Flick, "who led with me good talks and showed me a charming perspective." He is particularly grateful for the EM title 2021 with the U21: "And I have won this title exactly with the coach, which now conveys my meaning for the Turkish national team: Stefan Kuntz."

By defeats against Portugal (1: 3) and Nordmasedonia (0: 1) Turkey and Italy each had their last chance for a World Cup ticket for Qatar on Friday. Nazkan nevertheless emphasized the great potential of the team, one could "achieve a lot" together: "That's why I have made my decision now and not - as initially considered - only after the end of the season."

Articles and videos about the topic * Ex-Bayern star is new Besiktas coach * All the games of the Africa Cup there are live at sportdigital.de

Özcan plays since summer 2020 for the 1st FC Cologne. In the current season he comes to 28 competitive games (2 goals, a template). With the EffeTh he wanted to "be as successful in the remaining seven games as successfully, but I need a clear head. Through my decision made I have this now," emphasized Özcan.

Comments

Popular Posts