Honkai: Star Rail - this is not the Honkai that I was waiting for

Honkai: Star Rail based on experience gained on closed beta testing of the game

I really love Honkai Impact 3RD. I love her characters, design, musical accompaniment, plot. And I waited with great impatience closed beta testing Honkai: Star Rail to feel the game with my own hands.

Yae immediately place the dots over I: This material is not a review. These are just my thoughts, emotions and impressions of Honkai: Star Rail. A full review will be only when the official release will take place.

What is Honkai: Star Rail

If you played Genshin Impact, then imagine that you have removed the open world from it, replacing it with a real-time combat system with step-by-step battles, and the setting is now not fantasy, but science fiction.

For those who are not familiar with Genshin Impact, I will try to explain differently. Honkai: Star Rail is a certain party role-playing game with step-by-step battles, in the spirit of something classic and Japanese. For example, in the spirit of the Tales of... or recent Scarlet Nexus series. But free and with the lootboxes in which the characters are sitting.

The characters have their own types and roles and they are all different from each other. Everything is simple with roles: one character is engaged in healing, the other prefers to apply tremendous damage to one target, the third is good in applying to several opponents, the fourth can absorb enemy damage well and protect his team.

There is nothing complicated with the types of characters either. Opponents in Honkai: Star Rail have a strip of health and strip of armor and while the target has armor, incoming damage on it is reduced. In order to quickly and effectively zero the meaning of the armor and you need various types of characters. The fact is that different opponents have vulnerabilities to different types of damage. A conditioned combat robot can be weak to the elements of the electrical, which means that attacks with this element are most effectively breaking through the shield. Just look at the weaknesses of the enemy and select the appropriate characters in the group.

What I liked

In Honkai: Star Rail I liked the visual style primarily. Models are beautiful, smooth animations, staged videos are gorgeous. Well, something, but they can work with a visual with a visual.

Does

The appearance of old and beloved characters from Honkai Impact 3RD time after time made me smile involuntarily and rejoice like a child. In the first minutes of the prologue, Kafka and armor of the HaxXor Bunny version appear on the screen. At the end of the prologue, Marat Khimeko, Marata Khimko, appears-my personal weakness and the cause of countless tears spilled. At the beginning of the first chapter, cunning Chinese developers throw another armor in my face (this time adult) and cocolia, add an alternative version of Natasha (which Raven), and finish me off an adult version of Zel. And I admit honestly, at first, the dialogs of armor and potion entered me into a trance state, because it was incredibly difficult to follow the best friends of the Honkai Impact 3RD in Honkai: Star Rail are hostile to each other.

New characters, by the way, were also very, very pleased. And with its design and its history. March 7-Milah and worthy of a complite.

You can safely add to the list of things you like and voice acting. I don’t know what is from Chinese and English, but Japanese is almost flawless. The voices of the characters of the original hung coincide with the voices of their alternative versions in Honkai: Star Rail.

Separately, I want to note the mode Sreded Universe. In this mode, it is necessary to clean up randomly generated locations, to receive a variety of traits for killing opponents. As a large fan of the Elysium Realm mode in the Honkai Impact 3RD, I am very glad that in Honkai: Star Rail there is its built-in pungent.

that I didn't like it

But now I will bomb wildly from the fact that from my beloved Honky made another Genshin.

Why do I love the Honkai universe? For a heavy emotional narrative component. Those who play the Honkai Impact 3RD will not allow you to lie that the game has a huge amount of negativity and pain. Honka is a rather heavy game in emotionally. When it seems to you that all the tears have already squeezed out of you for a long time, Hoyoverse says: Wait, guy, look at it. When you go through the new event, hoping to get positive emotions, the cunning Chinese say: What do you think, we are joking with you? Start sob.

And I was extremely disappointed that in Honkai: Star Rail the whole plot (of course, I am only talking about the part that is available in beta version) as if written for children. It feels like you are watching a rather standard Senen about space and robots. There is not the slightest hint of drama in the game. Everything is too joyful and fun. And if joyful and fun, then this is not a feature.

The second point that disappointed me is the musical component. I think there are no madmen who dispute the statement that in the games of Hoyoverse simply an amazing soundtrack. This applies to the Honkai Impact 3RD, so Genshin Impact. But Honkai: Star Rail could not please music, with the exception of the musical theme of the boss file.

Comments

Popular Posts