[Interview] I didn't want to hear the sound of 'Ogu and Secret Forest' and IP

When I first saw Ogu and Secret Forest, I thought it was a simple game that depended on IP. The game of a large game company using famous IP was also a sinkhole studio. But such prejudice disappeared at once when I played the game. As an adventure game, I found it a game with a solid basics. How could this game could have come out at the Busan Indie Connect Festival 2022 (hereinafter referred to as BIC 2022).

■ Explore the new world with the baby Ogu with an exploration hat Q. First of all, please introduce a brief introduction.

Moon Jong-bum: This is Moon Jong-bum, the representative and dad of Munlap Studio. He is a writer of Ogu emoticon and works with Sync Hol Studio to participate in the 'Ogu and Secret Forest' as an art.

Kwon Joong-kyu: Representative Kwon Joong-kyu of Sync Hol Studio. So far, we have developed a variety of games with PCs and mobile, and Steam has launched a deck strategy game such as Second Second, Lucky Heroes, and 3 minutes hero..

Q. It is rare that emoticon writers participated directly in game development. Usually, if you give IP, the rest of the developer will make it. I wonder what the occasion you collaborated.

Moon Jong-beom: I have been working as an emoticon writer for a long time. How can he expand his business more? It wasn't just about making goods, but there was nothing more to imprint Ogu IP more, but I wanted to create a new game with Kwon Joong-gyu and I wanted to create a new game while meeting and talking with CEO Kwon Joong-kyu. It was right, so I invested and collaborated in earnest.

Kwon Joong-kyu: I didn't actually meet by chance. Moon Jong-bum writer was a friend before collaborating with high school alumni, and he was talking about it as a friend.

The

** Q. It's like an adventure genre.

Kwon Joong-kyu: There's a concept to explore when you look at the emoticon. I saw it and developed it as an adventure genre because I thought it would be fun to make such a game where Baby Ogu was going to adventure.

Q. I think there was a puzzle game using Ogu IP or a casual game. I wonder why I made this challenge.

Moon Jong-beom: I am stubborn. So, as asked, I would not have tried it at all if it was a puzzle game. I don't like it. So when I made a game, the first condition was that it should be a game that can be fun from me. 'Ogu and Secret Forest' met that condition.

Secondly, it may sound cold, but I wanted to work with a person who really wanted to make the right game. I was convinced that if I did it with this friend, not a friend, and I would like to make a good effort for the 'Ogu and the Secret Forest'. So, as well as the funding part, I am pouring out all the things I can provide and labor.

Still, it would have been a bit painful if I thought it was simply work, but most of all, this is so fun now. It seems to be the most fun to work through everything that has done business related to Ogu IP.

** Q. It was said that the labor force was pouring back and forth.

** Moon Jong-bum: As you can see from the game, I start with the baby Ogu, and I draw everything from the characters, monsters, buildings, and even stones to the background. In some ways, I'm involved in the parts that can be said to be trivial. I don't know how it sounds, but it's hard to have emoticons, so it's hard to keep drawing the same character, but the game can draw various things in that part and it is more powerful because it can be imagined as much as possible.

Kwon Joong-kyu: 'Ogu and Secret Forest' has not yet been released, but it may be because there was an effort of this artist for being interested by many people. Originally, I can provide IP and participate in the art direction.

Making everything here means that it doesn't just draw a picture, but it's all creating all the character sprite animations of 24 frames. Thanks to it, it's very soft and natural. Perhaps this stubborn has raised the visuals of the game, while the game had a big impact on completeness.

Q. Maybe the tastes of individuals that are developed reflect the game, but I want to hear what games they usually play.

Moon Jong-bum: When I was young, I enjoyed Pokémon, and nowadays I mainly use adventure genres. Naturally, Zelda's Legend: Breath of Wild. The most interesting game recently is Tunic, and it seems to be the biggest attraction of Zelda's legend and exploring a new world I don't know. Easy to run, hard-to-master (Easy to Learn, Hard to Master), which is cute and not easy, and I like games that offer the fun of exploration. I do it.

Kwon Joong-kyu: I like adventure games, but the texture is a little different. I like games such as fallout and skyling. And the fun of exploration is also important, but more attractive how attractive the worldview and in-game settings are. Maybe the background part of that background can be more immersed in the game. 'Ogu and Secret Forest' is also careful not to lose its deficiency so that it does not feel awkward in addition to the solid settings.

Moon Jong-bum: The similar but different things seem to increase the completeness of the game. If I unfold my imagination and talk about a kind of concept or setting, I will be able to add up to the game, but I can add more things to add to the game.

Q. Now let's talk about 'Ogu and Secret Forest' in earnest. What kind of game is it.

Kwon Joong-kyu: Baby Ogu is an adventure game where you can adventure. Recent adventure games show that the battle is the core of the fact that the exploration is faded. As you can see, the goal is to provide a variety of fun by providing a variety of fun.

** Q. I said I would make a good adventure game, but I think it should be guaranteed to some extent.

Kwon Joong-kyu: Yes. Therefore, 'Ogu and Secret Forest' aims to enjoy up to 50 hours of achievements, such as collecting all the gathering elements in at least 10 hours.

Moon Jong-bum: Personally, I care about difficulty. It's an adventure game, but it's too easy. It's a baby's adventure, so some people think of it only as healing, but I don't want to miss the fun as a game.

** Q. I thought it would be easy because the baby Ogu was the main character, but it was a little surprising.

Moon Jong-bum: There is no way to say that it is cute. Kirby is a typical but cute, but it's not very easy when you play the game. So I avoid making it easy to make it easy. In fact, it is also a reflection of personal tendencies. Should I say my theory? I think that a person grows when he adventures. It's not great because it's an adventure, but it's an adventure, adventure. We also think that the game is the same as we grow over adversity. You have to have difficulties and adversity to get more and more fun.

Kwon Joong-kyu: The character is cute, so the battle is so hard and it will not be really fun. Ogu IP is definitely a powerful weapon, but I don't want to rely on it. So I care a lot about the parts that can appeal with content, such as puzzle elements and boss exact gimmicks.

Q. Was it been going to make an adventure game from the beginning.

Kwon Joong-kyu: At first, I wanted to make a game like Pokemon. It is also in the 'Ogu and Secret Forest', but if you register and call your friends' phone number, you can get rid of the road to blocking the road.

Moon Jong-bum: But I don't feel like I'm with a friend, but I feel like I'm eating a friend (laughs). So it has been changed to the current adventure game. I wondered if I saw the result, I think I changed it well. It seems to go well with the concept of baby Ogu's adventure.

Q. I wonder how the title of 'Ogu and Secret Forest' was made.

Moon Jong-bum: When I was young, I went to the neighborhood next to me or climbing the mountain. I literally feel like I'm in a secret forest,

Comments

Popular Posts