Prey director did not want to put that name to the game

One of the best Bethesda has published in his name is Prey , a launch that took many of the fans who expected a delivery developed by Arkane Studios . And now, somewhat disconcerting statements come to light, since the game director, Raphaël Colantonio, I did not agree to give that name to that video game.

Speaking in the podcast Aias Game Maker's Notebook , COLANTONIO said that using this name was a disrespect to prey of 2006 , as it was a completely different game created by a completely different equipment and company.

Here his statement:

Prey

Calling Prey like that was very painful for me. I didn't want to call this prey game, and I had to say that I wanted to do it anyway in front of journalists. There is a bit of the artistic, the creative side that is insulted when you tell this artist: ‘Do you know your game? He's going to call himself. And you say: ‘I don't think I should do it. I think it's a mistake.

It is said that putting that name was also harmful to sales, since the plot of the launch of 2006 was moving away from what was seen in the most modern title. Same that addressed a shooter on a former soldier who was abducted by Aliens.

Here is an apology that Colantonio offers the original team:

It was also a kick in the face for the original Prey creators. I wanted to apologize with them many, many times. I really didn't have the opportunity because I really don't know those people. It was never our intention to steal its IP and make it ours. It is disgusting and that is not what I wanted to do.

Prey is available in PS4, Xbox One and PC .

Vía: IG

Comments

Popular Posts